Wednesday, March 08, 2023

Outcrop Serpent Head Variation (SE CT)

   I was looking for post for Kelly Parsons, one that showed another Snake Effigy with a head that was part of an outcrop in southeastern CT, a variation on just how many ways there are to "make a stone snake." 

Kelly's photo:



   I found it and did a double take. Suddenly, as plain as the face on my nose, there were three Manitou Stones of different sizes, right by that snake head. And I'll have to remember to send Norman Muller an email - it's a repeated feature that he often calls attention to. 


The old post:

   After finally noticing the Manitou Stones, while reviewing the photos from that day (in September 2015), I find I didn't capture a closer image of them. I did follow the row of stones that "decorates" the ridge of bedrock, and stepped down, to the south, below to capture an image of another boulder that connected to the east/west:


An Overlay Image:


Other Ceremonial Stone Landscape features around and including these last two snakes:



Dr. Curtiss Hoffman by another outcrop snake head, different river system farther west:


No comments:

Post a Comment