Thursday, August 08, 2024

Some Lifted Harry Holstein Photos (FB)

 Lifted from the FaceBook, with some of my own unauthorized imagery and overlays, otherwise ruining some perfectly good images...


   I lean toward thinking that's perhaps a little round "cannonball" or some other kind of concretion in sandstone that seems to have pecking enhancing some natural concentric circles to perhaps make an apparent snake head (a horn rest just behind it) somehow incorporated into the stacked stone cultural feature. 


I have seen several suspected snake heads (and turtle heads) that have an inclusion of stone in them that triggers a person to interpret them as eyes:

 


Sometimes it seems as if some "eyes" may have "shaped" a little, pecked into the stone, maybe polished over time by ceremonial use of paint or something on these "eyes:"

 I did keep thinking that I knew of a similar sorta stone snake head somewhere that Harry Holstein's photo reminded me of and hours and hours later I thought of this one, a white quartz inclusion sort of "clad" in the boulder: 


Comparing the two:

Concretions (from somewhere):



Well, I don't know - it's just that single photo and I could be jumping to conclusions and operating under the spell of pareidolia and confirmation bias and all that, "completely bonkers."

Some more, including an Alabama "Lace Wall" as we seem  to call them around here. I suspect the same sort of "serpent stacking" in there, laying down courses as snakes (and turtles):





Snake (and Turtle)??







The controlled burn really interests me...




No comments:

Post a Comment