Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Asking for A Favor

 Please do whatever you can

    My friend writes, “These photos recently came to me in a query.  It looks like leaves and duff were stripped away and maybe some of the stones were moved. 


 This really hurts my heart when I see this. Whatever recent prayers that may have been left are disturbed. Evidence about the feature that can tell us some things about when it was made and who has visited are gone.  

But the worst part is that the spirits

 that remained in that space and that path between worlds

 have been disrupted.

Usually when I visit places where this kind of thing has been done,

 there is no spirit speaking there anymore.

 I know folks at _____ do this a lot.  Some others also do.  Please do whatever you can to discourage any touching of stone prayers, especially by persons who have not smudged, brought a gift, said the right words and keeps their mind still. 

To me, these are not things but more like persons,

and I think preserving the peace of spirits is more important

than anything we can learn from studying them or anything else.

In the end, I don't see the point of anything

if we lose the spirits and the path to them.

 Honestly, I was horrified when I saw someone strip away

around what they thought was a stone prayer. 

 Thank heaven it wasn't.

 To back me up, I point to the Sacred Stones and Red Cedar tradition, (In which Seven gifted "prophets" or apoplendoak, transform themselves first into stones, then into 'evergreens' or 'pines,' and then into stars.)  where they keep saying the Apoplendwak kept leaving because of people bothering them too much (transforming first into stones, then into trees, and finally into the sky as the constellation also known as the Pleiades). That's not the only recorded tradition that says people should be restrained around sacred places, for sure. 

 Thanks for hearing this and thinking about it.

       I think it's really important."

 

 Nohham writes: "I think these are photos of a pichisauonk, a portal.  This is the last thing you want to mess with unless you think you are a badass medicine person. That and cleaved boulders that are wedged closed.

  There are two of these that I know of on Sannakomuk Ridge, one facing southeast and the other facing northeast.  Happens to be where Venus is at Sikwannakizos, beginning of May, and where Pleiades is at Nunnaumunnemehquanhomom, at August 12th.  Pleiades - Anishquttauaog - features in the Sacred Stones and Red Cedar narrative.

The one facing northeast appears in Hidden Landscapes.


This one also appears near the end of a video on stone prayers, Sacred Sites of Shutesbury.



Both have recent offerings...

In time, leaves and loam have completely covered some stone prayers,
  where the prayers are now sealed in for all time,
 and no one will bother the spirit there. 
Those ceremonies have ceased and would remain as they were
 if we left it up to the forest and the spirits.
    So, I respect their path. 
 If new ceremony is made, 
there is plenty room in this world to do so
 and plenty stones to make new.  

No comments:

Post a Comment