Friday, February 17, 2023

Snake Head Landscape Boulder


   They bulldozed those old "stone walls," on the edge of my great grandparents' farm, and a few big boulders ended up at the edge of the old road that goes to "The Big Stone Where We Fish."

That old farmer's fence makes good fill for a new driveway...

      And why not? You know: I've got a book that tells me those stones were just field clearing garbage, never meant to be a real fence, stones tossed up against the wooden rails of a zigzag Snake Fence...

I remember passing by a big quartz boulder, maybe this one, incorporated into one of many rows of stones I walked along, many years ago when I went to take a look at the parcel still remaining in the family. Perhaps it was this one, perhaps not...

    Earlier that day, on the long way to the grocery store:





No comments:

Post a Comment