Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Field Checking CT LiDar (Killingworth CT)

Without Leaving Home

     I was looking around at some Connecticut LiDar photos, drinking some coffee. I was looking here and there, various places, dreaming about walking around a stone wall or two, field checking and making some observations.
     And yes about how replicating the controlled burning practices of the Indigenous Peoples of Connecticut that would consume the barberry that the Deer Tick thrives in just might not be a bad idea...
     And Great (Stone) Serpents too, in part a prayer, in part fuel breaks which just might have been created, used and maintained for perhaps thousands of years...

   One of the places I've never been to was here: 
  I zoomed out:
I zoomed over, found one of my favorite Rivers
- and a bunch of interesting "Stoney" names: 
And a road that made me wonder why the road is named Blueberry Reserve:
And while I get no street side images for that road, I can glimpse "the main trail" that became a road, both sides bordered in stonework, look through the trees and underbrush at some of those "stone rows or enclosures" - Qusukqaniyutôk - undulating in height (like a snake crawling across the landscape among blueberry gardens)  in the distance. I just happened to land here:
And here: 
 And there:
I can see where the stone has been robbed: 
And I get to a gateway into one of the enclosures:

And you know what I am going to say about this one: 




I think I'll have a second cup and look around some more...

One of these days, I'm just going to have to drive by...




No comments:

Post a Comment