Monday, June 12, 2023

The "Hairpin Causeway" 01 (Paugussett Homeland/CT)

 


   Walking an old path, modernly maintained by a Nature Foundation but also connected with a historic spa, I pause as I realize that we’re on a stone built causeway. As we retraced our steps on the way back to our perfect parking spot, I paused to take some photos:


Almost immediately, I at least thought I saw a hint of some Indigenous Iconography:





Above: The yellow arrow is near where the path diverges, where that first photo was taken, the white arrow in the inset is that bend on the larger photo and on the little snip of the map as well.
Below: A terrible photo of the stonework of the causeway, obscured by the dark green of early June... 

Some LiDar images:



These days, I wonder if perhaps members of the Freeman Family were possibly the stonemasons who were continuing to include these Indigenous Icons with a tradition that goes back thousands and thousands of years...  



No comments:

Post a Comment