Monday, March 22, 2021

New To Me (Nonnewaug CT)

Full sun, this morning about half past 8, then yesterday about noon...
That's a "new to me" rattlesnake-like feature near where some stones had been disturbed by a large tree:
Early in the day, it can barely be seen:
I had already been aware of the North Facing Snake-like feature of this capstone-like quarried stone for just a few recent years - it seems to show quite well in the bright early spring morning:

But the eye feature "comes alive" around noon:

Very much like the stone just to the left of the stone steps at the entrance of the house:
And I was surprised just a little to see a tiny shadow that resembles,
 to the imaginative investigator, a closed eye...
And I'll just have to remember to capture an image around noon...

And think about this diamond shaped stone I hadn't noticed before for a while...
See how these two look later on:

No comments:

Post a Comment