Tuesday, December 08, 2020

Mavor & Dix, Speck and Me

 One day, I happened to look at the "Upton Chamber" drawing from Mavor & Dix and said to myself "Obviously probably the Great Snake - from the inside, in the Underworld where up is down, and high is low, a mirror of this world, and messages were sometimes written backward in caves so the spirits could read them."


I could be wrong...

One day I happened to be looking at an illustration of Calendar One and said to myself, "The Giovanna Neudorfer illustration is upside down - and resembles the Frank G. Speck illustration of the Lenape Big House..."

   I turned the image around, put north at the top, and lined the two images up side by side:



I could be wrong...

Stone Chambers, Indians and Astronomy: A Critique of Vermont's Stone Chambers By Byron E. Dix and James W . Mavor, Jr. 


No comments:

Post a Comment