Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Stone Prayers (Washington CT)

   I was able to attend Curtiss Hoffman's lecture on his new book - and get an autographed copy.
   I highly recommend the book, the first of it's kind by "someone in the fields of Anthropology and Archaeology," as Lucianne Lavin stated as she introduced Dr. Hoffman this past Sunday (May 26, 2019) at the Institute for American Indian Studies in Washington CT.
   "Stone Prayers" hopefully will become a turning point in the debate about Indigenous Stonework, as well as a foundation for further studies, recognition and protection of features of what are becoming known as Indigenous Sacred Ceremonial Stone Landscapes (CSLs).
My hat's off in the figurative sense to Curtiss for putting all this information together, just as it was  off  in the literal sense to cover the projector during the introduction and resting on my knee during the presentation so the many people behind me could see...


No comments:

Post a Comment