Tuesday, October 02, 2018

Another "Not So Remote" Location

Northwest corner, where the house and gardens of a National Historic property bumps into a land trust preserve, looking north at the "Preacher's Preserve," a rhomboidal stone in the "stone wall" catches my attention as we follow the path out of the Gardens...
A look back at a photo or two from four years ago, looking south at the same stones:
The rhomboidal stones caught my attention that day as well:

The Blue Diamond shows the spot:


The white arrows show where my wife Roberta and I walked, up that double row of stones, but the field trails hadn't been mowed, so instead of walking a "loop," we just turned around:

Sometimes I wonder, "Which came first, the Preacher or these Stones?"
I'm inclined to say it was the Stones, but I don't really know for sure. 
I'm just field observing, looking for those repeated patterns just might Indigenous Iconography:


No comments:

Post a Comment