Monday, February 25, 2008

Stones on Boulders

I recently posted about this cave.
Maybe it's just me, but it resembles a turtle facing to the left...
It's probably the true Leatherman Cave, but the caves in the area were called "The Old Hunting Caves," according to some older local histories...




















I once saw "Old John" dig up some shards of Indian pottery here at the fire pit...




























I couldn't climb up this in the snow safely, but there's a boulder perched on an outcrop across the little stream:





Sort of lined up, north/south, on the hillside were some boulders with stone piles on them (I'm looking south as I took this one):









































There's a stream in the little valley between the cave and the stones on the boulders. As the snow melts, I'll return to show some details of possible stone work at the head of the spring...










So there you have a few photos of Leatherman Cave and some boulders in the snow...

No comments:

Post a Comment