Monday, May 14, 2007

The Road Realignment














I guess I'm just snoozing on Turtle Island when I should be awake and aware.




I had asked to be notified about any town meetings regarding the road, but I wasn't. I thought the project wasn't going through, but apparently it is...












Nonnewaug Road Realignment
Minutes
Board of Selectmen Regular Meeting
April 26, 2007
Page 2


Nonnewaug Road Realignment Project –Six (6) bids were submitted. Tony Ciriello of Milone & MacBroom reviewed the bids and found Dayton Construction of Watertown to be the lowest and appears to be complete. However, the bid is over budget. Selectman Crane has submitted a request to transfer funds from both a STEAP grant and a LoCIP grant. The combination of the two requests would cover the shortfall. He has received verbal approval
of the transfers and is awaiting written confirmation.
MOTION: Selectman Crane moved and Selectman Hinckley seconded to award the Nonnewaug Road Realignment Project to Dayton Construction Company,
Inc. at $357,565 contingent upon the written confirmation of transfer of funds
by the State Office of Policy and Management.




UNANIMOUSLY APPROVED



So I guess I'll be documenting some more pieces of a disappearing cultural landscape.
This is the linear stone row that leads to the old glacial lakeshore. To the right is the zigzag row...
More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment