Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Under the Power Lines

First you have to look over at Rock Piles ( http://rockpiles.blogspot.com/2007/06/so-happy-to-be-home.html) and think about how two guys, hundreds of miles apart, just both happened to be under some power lines, looking for stone constructions that might be Native American in origin.And actually finding them...









Well I walked up to a place under the power lines, up near that Mound Swamp I was writing about just this past October ( http://wakinguponturtleisland.blogspot.com/2006/10/mound-swamp-part-one.html ). I wrote, "The zigzag rows are disturbed by the road but they continue to the south, concealed by brush. And if I did follow them in the past, I don't remember well enough to tell you where they lead."










Yesterday just happened to be the day that I actually followed the first stone row I came to until it ended, followed the next row I came to after that one fizzled out, eventually ended up following a couple more - and then finally ended up at the spot where I was talking about when I confessed I didn't remember where the row led.



No comments:

Post a Comment