Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Mark Starr Frog Effigy



I looked at this one a year ago, a photo from Mark Starr.



   I don’t find it here: http://www.markhamstarrphotography.com/p1067970682, so, I guess it was an attachment from an email – and I guess I guessed that the boulder above the wall “could be a turtle,” since on the same flash drive I found this:



Well let me change my mind about that.
Look here:
That larger "spot" looks like it might have had some human help to resemble a Frog’s Ear – actually a Tympanic Membrane and not a true ear, but as close to an ear as you can get for an American Bullfrog. Or those Wood Frogs who are singing love songs in the little pond across the road from our house. 

“Weren't you just showing us another one?” the three or four people who actually read this blog might be thinking.

“Yes, I was,” I’ll reply, “That Stone Bullfrog at the Dead End of a Street.”
Yes, I know it’s not exactly where the membrane should be, but it’s close enough for me – and the artist who created it.

     Seems like just yesterday I saw another example of a bullfrog stone, a definite eye and a tympanic membrane just two details that resemble an actual bullfrog:

Mark Starr will be presenting at the upcoming Neara Conference, just after my friend Robert DeFosses, on Friday April 13, 2018 in Southbury CT.

Follow this link for details:

No comments:

Post a Comment