Monday, December 11, 2017

Snow on a Stone Serpent by the Stream


    So I'm leaving the school, the venue for the Ceremonial Stone Landscape, back in October, about to walk to the parking lot when I suddenly remember that I meant to: "Ask Doug Harris if he thinks it's disrespectful to overlay eyes and horns onto photos."
    So I do, prefacing the question with the thought that these additions make the Stone Feature come alive and that I'm doing so, sort of "hitting people over the head with them to get my message across."
     I add that if he finds it's disrespectful, unhelpful, that I won't do so anymore - I won't add the eyes and horns and post them up here anymore, take down all the old overlays...
 
Above: Great Serpent Overlays
Below: the original photos that still include the Ulun'suti,  





Ulunsuti/Ulun'suti




James Mooney "Where The Uktena Stays:"

No comments:

Post a Comment