Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Something like Hollows

December 2009: I remember thinking that there seemed to be something circular going on in the construction of stone rows. The row that borders the Pines caught my eye and I took a photo of what looked like a circle of stones with a large eye catching stone in the center...
But I was headed along to the end of this stone row...

Here's that circular thing again, I thought...

And here's another, the stone I as going back to photograph as the snow had melted some...

A little mini mortar? A spot to place a clam shell of tobbacco???
Some more circular, sort of like hollows in rock piles but actually a segment of a stone row...


A variation: circular cobble segment with a boulder...

Walking bac, another big circular segment in front of a big round boulder...

A fews steps backward...

And even further back a little...
These segments of walls appeared before here at:
http://wakinguponturtleisland.blogspot.com/2009/12/snow-covered-zigzag-rows.html

No comments:

Post a Comment