Thursday, September 27, 2012

On the Cliffside by the Ridgetop

Back in April 2012, I explored a little of this cliffside. If memory serves right, there's a little overhanging spot with a curious little slab of stone that might be intentionally set up the way it is and maybe enhanced as well:
I had this nagging little feeling that I'd seen something like this somewhere before.
Eventually I realised that it was reminding me of a photo I'd seen that Larry Harrop had taken, somewhere in Rhode Island, I believe:
This might just be a coincidence, but then again, maybe not not. Larry's photo is striking and dramatic, might give you goosebumps every time you look at it, and leave you filled with a sense of Mystery and Wonder. Mine is maybe just some rock that cleaved off an outcrop and just happened to stick into the little bit of soil below, but you never know. I flipped these images around, as if this would help me gain enlightenment, and still really don't know what to think...


No comments:

Post a Comment