Wednesday, November 03, 2010

The Elusive Snake

I had to go back to look at the possible end stone snake head (if that's what it is) in a frozen spring, a turtle and a snake
The inset above shows the location of the stone as a white dot, at a break in the stone row, now as it was in the 1934 photo I'm using because the stone rows show so well.
The photo of the stone in the snow:


 I had planned to return to the stone and look at it some more.
 But lately, although I've gotten reading glasses, the handwriting on my mental notes isn't any easier to read. 
I've walked by it many times since 2009 but just couldn't figure out why I hadn't really looked at it.



Above: I walked past the spot, all rose bushy and covered in dead fall.
Below: I moved a whole bunch of stuff off the stone...


Behing the large head, I noticed a former chestnut post...
.. and a turtle.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:04 PM

    I love the head on this snake effigy. I'm glad that you cleared some leaves and brush off the head. It looks better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great serpent head. The turtle is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete