Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Revisiting Stone Turtles in CT Cluster #7

My brother-in-law had just mowed a new path into the little bit of woods behind my mom's and as I walked along it, these stones above caught my eye.
It didn't take long to realize, I was looking at the east side of a familiar spot:
I may have posted this before, a fuzzy photo of the east side pasted onto an aerial capture:

A few other new photos:
Two high domed box turtles?
Is that a tail or another head on the other side?




I don't know exactly which one, but it's probably one of these,
in the Hammonasset East Cluster (C. Hoffman Stone Prayers, page 120): 
"What's around it?" you may ask.
My mom bought a  copy of this annotated map for a dollar, and I think the numbers may correspond to some of the artifacts on display at the Westbrook Historical Society:
A poor attempt to match up my cell phone photos:
Fooling with flipping the Lidar (to match the aerial above):








No comments:

Post a Comment